Prospective Family & Student Night
Our annual event where we invite all prospective 8th grade families and students to our campus to learn more about all that Skyline has to offer as a large comprehensive high school in Oakland. This evening provides an opportunity to connect with current students, teachers, assistant principals and our Co-Directors as you begin the important decision-making process of transitioning from middle school to high school.
Wednesday, November 6 from 6-8 pm
- Check in, meet and greet, Skyline Jazz Band ensemble: 6:00 to 6:30 pm
- Thorough presentation from students, staff and current parents about Skyline offerings and opportunities. Additionally, our leadership students will bring our guest students to classrooms for a team building and ice breaker activity: 6:30 to 7:30 pm
Tabling of programs, pathways, course offerings and extra-curricular activities at Skyline. Ask all of your questions in a more individualized setting with our various teacher, staff and student teams: 7:30 to 8:00 pm
Current Family & Student Panel Session
Each year, our last options event is a guided Q&A panel of current students and parents to share their experience at Skyline High School as Titans. We bring in a wide range of current students and families to ensure all of your questions and concerns are answered before the decision day for high school options. The event takes place in our Skyline library from 9:30 to 11:00 am. Prospective students and families are invited to stay after to have more individualized questions answered by our current families and students. This event is a great opportunity to get to know more about Skyline in a more intimate setting.
Saturday, January 25 from 9:30 to 11:00 am
- Check in/Refreshments: 9:30 to 9:45 am
- Current Family and Student Panel: 9:45 to 11:00 am
- Sign-ups for our Current Family and Student Panel Session will be on our website at ousd.org/skyline
Reach out to Mr. Anderson with any questions or concerns regarding the current family and student panel session.