Select a month:
Healthy Kids Calendar: Monthly Wellness Themes
Are you a parent, teacher or staff member looking to promote wellness at school?
We've designed the Healthy Kids Calendar just for you!
Each month, you'll find a different monthly theme related to the OUSD Wellness Policy, including classroom and school-wide activities. Occasionally, you'll find single-day events as well. The calendar spans all grade levels, but some activities are age-specific.
Feel free to modify activities to best fit your class/grade!
- August: Healthy Schools Launch!
- September: Health Access and Resources; Gardens; Produce Markets
- October: International Walk & Roll to School Day; Food Day; Healthy Halloween
- November: Gratitude
- December: Healthy Celebrations for the Holidays
- January: Mindfulness; Sleep
- February: Healthy Relationships; Healthy Valentine's Day Celebration; Physical Activity
- March: Breakfast Week; Nutrition
- April: School Gardens; Earth Day
- May: Rethink Your Drink