Cohort 2 - North Oakland
Cohort 2 - North Oakland Updates
At the Board of Education meeting on Aug. 28, Superintendent Johnson-Trammell will recommend that the Board adopt Scenario 2 under which Kaiser and Sankofa merge onto the Sankofa campus.
The primary advantages of this scenario are:
Opportunities to improve quality
- Merge two small schools, building on strengths and assets of both.
- Support a design year to build a quality school vision, academic program, and school culture.
- Experienced leaders in place to guide the design year.
- Consistent location for Sankofa, the community more historically underserved.
- Community assets in place at Sankofa such as community partnerships, local parks, and volunteers.
Opportunities to improve sustainability
- Vacate Kaiser campus.
- Reducing the number of schools from two to one.
- Sankofa campus has capacity for 336 including Sankofa’s 3 SDC classes.
Please use the links below for more context and information: