Job Descriptions and Related Forms
At Oakland Unified School District we strive to ensure fair and equitable compensation for every role in the District. We have staff in the Talent Division whom handle responsibilities related to compensation and classification, including but not limited to: conducting position reviews; analyzing and improving job evaluation forms and process, and completing reports related to job descriptions. If you have questions about your specific salary placement please contact your Staffing Analyst. If you do not know the name of your site's Employee Support Specialist or if you have any questions about your assigned duties please speak with your immediate supervisor.
Current Job Descriptions
Active job descriptions are posted on this page in alphabetical order. Please return to this page in the future as more documents will be posted on an ongoing basis. Current Salary Schedules and labor contracts are currently found on the District's Office of Labor Management and Employee Relations web page.
Creating or Revising Current Job Descriptions
Occasionally, there is a need to create or modify a job description. First, the department should inquire to their Employee Support Specialist about their staffing needs. If it is determined there is no existing job description then the Hiring Manager should follow the workflow described in the handout entitled, "Job Description Creation and Revision Process". On average the process can take up to 50 business days so proper pre-planning is essential to ensuring your staffing needs will be met in a timely manner. Below is a diagram of creating or revising a current job description. The forms referenced in the process are found below.
Diagram: Job Description Approval Process
- Request to Create or Revise a Management Job Description (This is a fillable PDF Form that is submitted by the Hiring Manager.)
- Request to Create or Revise a Non-Management Job Description (This is a fillable PDF Form that is submitted by the Hiring Manager.)
- Request for Position Review (or Desk Audit) by Employee
- Request for Position Review (or Desk Audit) by Supervisor
- Job Description Creation and Revision Process
- Tips on Preparing for a Position Review When Requested by Employee
- Tips on Preparing for a Position Review When Requested by Supervisor
For job descriptions not listed on this page or any questions related to the content provided please contact:
Martin E. Mitchell
Director, Human Resources Operations
Phone: (510) 879-8841
Fax: (510) 879-0228
Office Location: Talent Division, 1000 Broadway, Ste. 150, Oakland, CA 94607
Page updated: September 19, 2019