OUSD Health Benefits Rates
OUSD has managed to maintain an extremely generous Benefits program for many years and continues to strive to keep benefits affordable for employees:
- Full-time employees DO NOT MAKE ANY PREMIUM CONTRIBUTIONS for health benefits (medical, dental, or vision) for themselves or dependents. This is an approximate value for employees equal to an additional 40% of salary.
- Part-time employees contribute to their premium cost based on their FTE (hours worked).
- STIP subs do not pay premiums for Health or Dental benefits for themselves but do pay for their dependents.
- RETIREES pay part of their premiums - the amount depends on Medicare coverage.
- COBRA benefit rates once you are no longer employed through OUSD