What is the School Site Council?
The SSC is the leadership body of the school responsible for ensuring that our students' educational needs are met. It is comprised of administration, faculty, parents and community members. It is the central point of site-based management.
The SSC is the decision-making body for:
- The budget (local, state and federal)
- Instructional program
- Curriculum in all areas
- Developing and overseeing the implementation of the School Site Plan
- Reviewing and approving all programs that affect the instructional goals
- Working in collaboration with other school organizations, including PTA and the Dads Club
How do I know what the SSC is doing?
- The SSC meets on a monthly basis and is open to any interested person
- Meeting agendas are published in the weekly communication and are available online
- Minutes from each SSC meeting are posted on the bulletin board in the PTA Room across from the school office
How do I join the SSC?
- Any interested person may attend and participate in scheduled SSC meetings and discussions
- There are ten elected voting members - if you are interested in being a member, join via Konstella committees, or contact Principal Bagby-Ellison
- SSC elections are held at the first meeting of the new school year
- Members serve a two-year term