6-8 Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment
- At a Glance
- Comprehensive folder of all materials (module, unit, lesson plans): EL Education
- 6th grade link
- 7th grade link
- 8th grade link
- External Link to EL Education website
Informally called "The Big Three," Close Reading of Complex Texts, Academic Discussion, and Evidence-Based Writing are daily practices that support our students in developing the capacities of the literate individual.
- Reading Inventory (formerly Scholastic Reading Inventory, now HMH Reading Inventory)
- History Writing Tasks (HWTs)
- While the HWTs are traditionally implemented in History-Social Studies classes, we recommend a shared Humanities (History and ELA) approach to calibrating, scoring, and analyzing the student work.
- SBAC (Smarter Balanced Assessment Consortium; annual state assessment)