Applying for the Current School Year & Late Applications
Families wanting to enroll their student for the current school year:
- Please visit the Student Welcome Center located at 746 Grand Ave. for a school assignment.
- The Student Welcome Center is open on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays between the hours of 8 AM and 2 PM.
- The following documentation is required for a school assignment:
- Student's birth certificate
- Student's immunization records
- 2 proofs of address for your Oakland residence
- Photo ID of the parent/guardian
- Student's IEP (for students that have an IEP)
- Transcript (high school students only)
Late Applications are those received after the regular Enrollment Season closes.
Enrollment applications are considered “late” if they are received after the closing date at 5:00 PM. Late applications can only be submitted directly to our Student Welcome Center at 746 Grand Avenue between the hours of 8 AM and 2 PM each weekday except for Wednesdays and we are closed to the public. The application must be submitted in person by the parent or guardian of the child. All required documentation including birth certificate, proof of residency, parental identification are due at the time of submission.
Late applications are processed in the order received. Students are assigned on a space available basis after consideration of space, grade, siblings and neighborhood. If we are unable to accommodate your child at any of your school choices, he or she will be assigned to a school close to the neighborhood that has space. We try our best to accommodate preferences and will work with you to find the best possible match for your child within the available possibilities.