What does the SSC Do?
The School Site Council is the forum where all the major contributors in the school come together to identify common goals and establish, on a yearly basis, the plan of action for achieving these goals identified by this body as the Montera Strategic Plan for Student Achievement (SPSA).
The SSC’s success depends upon both the ability and the willingness of parents and students to volunteer to provide the largest representation of our diverse student population. For those involved, to work together, in a cooperative manner, to develop effective community, curricular, and instructional programs wherein all students may attain higher levels of academic competence.
- How often do we meet: We meet 1/month, generally on the 3rd Thursday. A definitive schedule is agreed upon on the first meeting.
- How long is a term: Parent representatives are asked to commit for 2 years.
- Where do we meet: We typically meet in the school Library (200 Building), unless decided otherwise by the group at large.
- Elections: Take place on the first meeting of the year in September.
- Positions Available:
- Vincent Stewart
- Jo Mackness
- Myesha Mebane
- Josephine Lee
- Katie McLane (Community Representative)
- Loryn Hudson (PTO Representative - non voting)
- Eric Pettingill
- Alicia Mayorga
- Mr. Derrick Bell
- Principal Darren Avent
The SSC will convene on the following dates:
December: 12/20; January: 1/17; February: 2/20; March: 3/21; April: 4/17; May: 5/15.
We strive to keep to the schedule, but unforeseens can happen and extraordinary meetings are sometimes needed.