OFFICE OF EQUITY GOALS
- Increase Equity Consciousness through common language, understanding & mindset
- Develop Short & Long-Term Equity Strategy
- Learn about targeted groups and share best practices that can inform system-wide improvements
- Lead intentional, equity-focused cross-collaboration projects
- Fundraise for sustainability and growth
After several years of work with individual schools at more than 24 school sites, the Office of Equity has begun an intentional shift that will forge the path towards greater efficacy and deeper support for school communities using a regional approach: Network Community Improvement Science. Utilizing tests of change from BELE Network partner tools, we have documented initiatives with successful impact data and also identified areas within our own system that need increased impact data.
Research on our work has revealed positive measurable change in areas including culturally responsive pedagogy, classroom leadership, community engagement, strong curriculum, and academic supports. We are confident this learning can be used to catalyze deeper investment in a small group of schools within one regional focus.