Welcome OUSD Library Staff
If you are a new staff, LOOK HERE to help you get started.
Library staff are always working to update our best practices; much of this information below should be accessed AFTER training has occured as a refresher! Below are documents that relate to staff working at all levels in the library. Look on the elementary and secondary staff pages for documents relevant to each team.
- Author Visit Template
- Bilingual Signage
- Catalog Issues: We are working to have our catalog reflect best practices and provide the best access to resources.
- Challenging a Book on OUSD Library Shelves
- Check Your Shelves/Catalog (how to catalog series, issues with books, etc).
- Collection Development Policy
- Funding Sources: We are updating our funding sources when we add books to the collection. This will enable us to have clear catagories of funding and to track them for reporting purposes.
- Genrefying and/or adding sublocations to your collection? See HERE.
- Inventory Process for beginning or end of year
- Overdue books & Privacy Issues
- Pick up books from OPL
- Problematic Books Database
- How to Process & Add Books to the Collection: includes ISBN Not Found & How to Create a Clean Title Record
- Resource Calendar and Yearly Timeline
- Roles and Classifications in the Library - Volunteers to Teacher - Librarians
- Scholarships & Grants:Conferences/PD/etc
- Staff Directory
- Storytime Planning
- Student Library Aide Program
- Student Self Checkout
- Supply List for all District Libraries
- Volunteer Protocols
- Weeding Policy
- Work days for all staff