Ways to Clear A Student's Absence
1. BEST WAY: Write a note with:
- your student's first and last names,
- the date(s) they were absent,
- the reason they were absent,
- then sign your name (parent/guardian) and date the note.
Have your student bring the note to the Attendance Office - in the Admin Building, first open door on the right, next to the counselors offices. Ask for our Attendance Specialist.2. Call Skyline at 510-879-2306
3. Email our Attendance Specialist
- Ask to speak to an Attendance Specialist. If there is no answer, please leave a message.
- Joanna Calderon and Nancy Phan at firstname.lastname@example.org
Information to include in your note, email or message:
Note that not all reasons will clear an absence.
- your student's first and last names
- the date(s) they were absent
- the reason they were absent
- parent/guardian contact info
When Will The Absence Be Cleared
You can check Aeries to see if your student's absence has cleared. Please allow up to 3 days for an absence to be cleared after you have contacted the Attendance Office. Please note that the following activities will be cleared by your student's teacher, coach or administrator and may require a greater length of time to be cleared:
If an absence from one of these activities hasn't been cleared within one week, please contact the attendance specialists.
- Field Trips