Glenview Elementary School
A new modern classroom building is under construction at Glenview Elementary. The new building will replace the current classroom building and relocatables. The new classroom building will include the existing main entry and accompanying façade, yard in front of main entry will be repaved. New handicap accessible (ADA) stair lift by stairs will provide accessibility from street level to the main entry doorway. Replacement of 21 classrooms, library, cafeteria, and administrative offices.
The new classroom building will also feature:
- New Multipurpose room with new stage
- Storage under stage for chairs
- Folding cafeteria tables
- Striping for basketball for indoor physical education
- Modern and efficient plumbing, electric HVAC, and WiFi systems
Weekly Construction Update
Below is an overview of the ongoing and upcoming work on campus.Work scheduled for this weekend is exterior painting.- The repaving of parts of Hampel St. and La Cresta Ave. in front of the school, and a small section of Woodruff Ave. will take place next Monday and Tuesday. During this work, parking will be restricted on Hampel and La Cresta. Once this repaving is complete, fencing along Hampel and La Cresta will be removed.- Next Wednesday neighbors may hear alarms sounding on campus as the Fire Alarm system is being tested.- The next furniture delivery is scheduled for July 30. Furniture installations thus far include:• library circulation desk and cushions for stepped seating• office staff furniture and cubicle installation• staff break room furniture assembly• classroom furniture distribution• delivery of musical instrument storage including violin and cello racks and boxed storage units for smaller instruments- Handrail installation and painting will continue across campus.- Kitchen equipment installation is nearly complete- Punchlist corrections are in progress on the interior.- Commissioning of building systems will continue.- Striping of the upper yard is nearly complete.- Installation of signage is complete, including lobby signage for Office, Library and the Kindergarten wing.- Safety surfacing installation is complete on the upper play yard.- Backpack/coat hooks have been installed in hallways across campus.
Project Fact Sheet
$58.8 M Budget, funded by Measure J Bond
- Retention of iconic art deco façade and cascading stairs at the corner of Hampel and La Cresta
- New building will be modern and meet seismic requirements mandated by the State to protect the safety of students and staff
- High performance building will feature good lighting, clean air, and comfortable classrooms to create healthy learning environments for students
- Hardwood flooring from the old Multipurpose room will be repurposed in the Lobby of the new building