Glenview Elementary School
A new modern classroom building is under construction at Glenview Elementary. The new building will replace the current classroom building and relocatables. The new classroom building will include the existing main entry and accompanying façade, yard in front of main entry will be repaved. New handicap accessible (ADA) stair lift by stairs will provide accessibility from street level to the main entry doorway. Replacement of 21 classrooms, library, cafeteria, and administrative offices.
The new classroom building will also feature:
- New Multipurpose room with new stage
- Storage under stage for chairs
- Folding cafeteria tables
- Striping for basketball for indoor physical education
- Modern and efficient plumbing, electric HVAC, and WiFi systems
Weekly Construction Update
What to expect on campus November 11-25:- Construction work anticipated this weekend includes interior electrical work, trim, hardware, and door installation as well as casework. Exterior work will consist of back filling areas and completing forms for curbs, walls, and ramps for upcoming concrete pours.- Painting of the front of the building, along La Cresta is nearing completion. The scaffolding is being removed and the red support beams on the portico have been removed.- Duct work is being installed in the MultiPurpose room, and basketball hoops and roller doors are due to arrive in the coming weeks.- Bioswale work in the interior courtyard has begun.Bioswales are linear channels designed to concentrate and move rainwater runoff, in this case, off of the courtyard. The bioswale will include sustainable plantings and a small metal grate bridge across the space.- Elevator shaft and car construction continues.- Case work and stepped seating construction continues in the library, and throughout the building.- Interior painting continues with certain beams also being painted.- Installation of radiators and cabinetry continues in Kindergarten classrooms.
4215 La Cresta Ave.
Oakland, CA 94602
$58.8 M Budget, funded by Measure J Bond
- Retention of iconic art deco façade and cascading stairs at the corner of Hampel and La Cresta
- New building will be modern and meet seismic requirements mandated by the State to protect the safety of students and staff
- High performance building will feature good lighting, clean air, and comfortable classrooms to create healthy learning environments for students
- Hardwood flooring from the old Multipurpose room will be repurposed in the Lobby of the new building