Instructions--if the links below do not work go to http://hillcrestpta.org/registration-page/
Registration for the 2018-19 school year will take place at Hillcrest in the multipurpose room on:
- Thursday, August 9th from Noon – 3pm
- Friday, August 10th from 8:30am – 12:30pm
Orientation for new families will be on Friday, August 10th from 4:30 – 5:30pm. Follow the signs from the main entrance.
The Kindergarten Social will be on Friday, August 10th from 5:30 – 6:30pm on the playground.
Volunteer fingerprinting and TB clearance will be offered on Friday, August 10th from 5:30 – 6:30pm in the Library. Please register as a volunteer beforehand if possible (that will help the process go more smoothly). There is a $35 fee for fingerprinting.
The Hillcrest PTA is also starting its Membership Drive! You may click on the following links to submit your PTA dues and PTA donation. Printed PTA forms will also be available at Hillcrest at Registration and in the main office.
Registration forms and school supplies information are below. Some registration forms (noted) can be submitted electronically, and some are for downloading and printing. Alternatively, we will have hard copies available at registration.
REGISTRATION FORMS: NEW STUDENTS (regardless of grade level): If you have already completed these forms and submitted them, there is no need to turn them in again at registration. Please note, there are new California laws regarding student immunizations. More information can be found here. All new students must provide proof of vaccination to begin school. These forms are for printing only.
- California School Immunization Record Form: Children may not attend classes until the office confirms that all immunizations are up to date.
- Report of Health Exam for School Entry (Kindergarten Only)
- Oral Health Assessment Form (Kindergarten Only; complete by 5/31/19)
REGISTRATION FORMS: ALL STUDENTS
REQUIRED for OUSD Records (submit electronically or print):
- Packet 1: OUSD Policies Signature Page + OUSD Acceptable Use of Technology Policy
- Packet 2: OUSD Student Emergency Card + Walking Field Trip / Lake Run Form
- OUSD Local Control Funding Formula Form (electronic only)
- California Healthy Kids (CHKS) Survey Permission – 5th grade only
- California Healthy Kids (CHKS) Survey Permission – 6th grade only
REQUIRED for Volunteers, including Field Trip Drivers (submit electronically or print):
- Sign up to Volunteer if you aren’t already registered with Oakland Ed Fund (electronic only)
- OUSD Declaration of Driver Form (for field trip drivers)
After signing up to volunteer, you’ll receive emailed information and forms for TB Clearance and Fingerprinting Clearance. This document gives an overview of the volunteer clearance process. Classroom volunteers who visit 3 times or more require TB Clearance. Field Trip drivers require both TB Clearance and Fingerprinting Clearance. Both services will be offered on-site at the Hillcrest Library on Friday, August 10 from 5:30 – 6:30pm. There is a $35 fee for Fingerprinting Clearance. Your volunteer clearance is in place for 4 years. Your driver form needs to be updated every year.
Additional Forms (submit electronically or print, unless noted):
- Emergency Preparedness Kit Order Form – REQUIRED to either purchase a kit or bring your own (print only)
- Contact Information Form – optional
- PTA Donation Form – optional
- PTA Membership Form – required if you would like to attend PTA meetings and/or hold a PTA office
- OUSD Media Opt-Out Form – optional
- OUSD Use of Student Images / Schoolwork Opt-Out Form – optional
READ ONLY: ALL STUDENTS
- Cyberbullying Handout – Please download and review with your child.
- Retail Fundraising FAQ (all the information you need to donate to Hillcrest while making your everyday purchases from Amazon, Lucky’s, etc.)
- K-5 students will use “community supplies,” which have been bulk-purchased by the PTA. Parent contributions toward supplies will be collected as part of the classroom funds request that room parents will manage. No supplies shopping is required.
- Middle School students will use individual supplies. The supplies list is here.
- BYOD UPDATE: We will be transitioning from the BYOD program that was previously in place for Grades 4 – 8. The 2018-19 school year will begin with the BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) program in place for students who already own devices, but students who don’t own devices will not be asked to purchase them. By late fall, student devices will be provided by Hillcrest. This change will enable more consistent technology compatibility, upgrades and support for our students. Students will have access to devices as needed during the school day, and there will be a checkout procedure when devices are needed outside school hours.
Questions? Click here.