Classified School Employees of the Year
In alignment with the State of California Classified School Employees of the Year (CSEY) Program, the goal of OUSD’s CSEY program is to identify and honor experienced, skilled, and dedicated classified line employees for their outstanding contributions to Oakland’s children, and to celebrate and pay special tribute to their tireless efforts. Each year, OUSD requests the help of our staff to nominate classified employees to be considered for Classified Employee of the Year in one of the following categories:
- Child Nutrition - for achievement in promoting healthy children, families, and school communities through Nutrition Services’ role and contributions,
- Maintenance, Operations, and Facilities - for achievement in promoting healthy and safe students and school communities through proactive maintenance and support of physical school structures and facilities.
- Office and Technical - for achievement in promoting and supporting strong school communities and effective delivery of educational services to students through contributions performed in an administrative/clerical role.
- Para Educator and Instructional Assistance - for achievement in promoting effective delivery of educational services to students (through active direct support of teacher and students) in the classroom.
- Support Services and Security - for achievement in promoting and supporting strong school communities and effective delivery of educational services to children (through contributions performed via delivery of ancillary student or school site support services)
- Transportation - for achievement in promoting the health and safety of children and school communities through proactive support of students’ transportation to and from school.
Nominees are selected for their hard work, collaborative spirit and dedication to putting students first. They truly exemplify the collective best of OUSD. We congratulate these individuals for their accomplishments and dedicated support of our students, families and schools.