Oakland Unified School District employees, students and stakeholders selected six values on Values Day 2016. We use the collectively agreed upon values to guide our work with students.OUSD Core Values:
- Students First: We support students by providing multiple learning opportunities to ensure students feel respected and heard.
- Equity: We provide everyone access to what they need to be successful.
- Excellence: We hold ourselves to uncompromising standards to achieve extraordinary outcomes.
- Integrity: We are honest, trustworthy and accountable.
- Cultural Responsiveness: We resist assumptions and biases and see the gift of every student and adult.
- Joy: We seek and celebrate moments of laughter and wonder.