Requests for Qualifications (RFQ)
The OUSD After-School Programs Office is looking for Lead Agencies!
Oakland Unified School District invites interested non-profit organizations to respond with their qualifications to become an After-School Lead Agency. Selected agencies will design, plan, and coordinate effective high-quality after-school programming that supports and aligns with OUSD’s goal to ensure that every student graduates college, career, and community ready.
- July 2, 2018: Request for Qualifications RFQ Application Released
- July 12, 2018: Bidder's Conference (SELECT SESSION HERE) for all organizations interested in applying. Applicants are asked to review the entire RFQ document completely before attending the Bidders’ Conference
- Location: 1000 Broadway, Ste. 640-Laurel Conf. Room
- Session 1: 9:30 am – 11:30 am
- Session 2: 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm
- August 3, 2018: Application Due Date, at 4:00 pm
- August 6th-31st: Review of Applications & Interviews. Invitations to selected organizations
- September 15, 2018: Lead Agency Qualification Notification
- September 15th– December 1st (tentative date): Selection of Lead Agency by school site principal
- November 2018–January 2019: OFCY RFP application season
- July 1st, 2019: Service Start date
- Dependent upon confirmation of school site principal and lead agency partnership and grant funding allocation
What is an RFQ? An RFQ (Request for Qualifications) is a qualifications-based selection process. It is a request made by the OUSD After-School Programs Office for non-profit lead agencies to submit their qualifications to be considered as the primary contractor/provider of district school-site based after-school program services.
What is a Bidder’s Conference? A bidder’s conference is a meeting hosted by the OUSD After-School Programs Office to assist agencies with completion of the RFQ application process. The bidder’s conference is designed to give interested and eligible non-profit lead agencies the opportunity to ask questions regarding the RFQ application process.
Learn about what is required in your proposal to run after school program in OUSD.
Submit all applications to:
OUSD After-School Programs Office
Attention: Lead Agency RFQ
1000 Broadway, Suite 150
Oakland CA 94607
Lead Agency Contract Templates
Document contains updates and answers to clarifying questions.