OUSD STUDENT ENGAGEMENT STANDARDSStandardsStudents in leadership class or bodies will demonstrate...
- Knowledge of Self
- Ability to action plan and lead school improvement projects or campaigns
- Attitude of ownership of school and education
- Understanding of and ability to represent constituents
- Ability to participate in youth-adult decision-making
School sites will...
- Have mechanisms to support student engagement in key school planning decisions
- Participate in district-wide student engagement efforts
- Facilitate student leader access to and relationship with decision makers
- Facilitate strong student leader to constituents, student body
The District will...
- Support district-wide student engagement body
- Involve students in district level policy-making
- Involve a broad and diverse group of students in district-wide engagement body
- Support adults to lead processes and participate in youth-adult decision-making
- Support student school board representatives
- Support site-based student engagement efforts