Free Meals for OUSD Students
Starting August 10, the Nutrition Services Department will operate 22 pick-up locations throughout the city where “Grab and Go” meals will be available for any student registered and enrolled in TK to 12th grade at one of our District-run schools, or in our Early Childhood Education or Young Adult Programs. This is due to a new federal rule. In other words, we can no longer provide meals for children too young to be enrolled in school or students enrolled in charter or private schools.Each time you pick up food at a distribution center, you must “verify” or prove your child’s enrollment by providing your child’s Aeries student ID# by doing one of the following:
- Bring the letter mailed by Nutrition Services that explains the changes and includes your child’s ID# and a scannable barcode.
- Bring your child’s student ID card with their Aeries ID# from the previous year (and ideally have a barcode in order to be scanned).
- Wait in a separate line and have your child’s information looked up in a district database at the food distribution site (this could be a slow process and we highly recommend families bring a copy of their letter).
- Pick-up days are Mondays and Thursdays, between 8am and 1pm at 22 pick-up locations.
- Social Distancing measures are in effect.
- Face coverings are required.
- Kids do not need to be present to pick up food.
- Multiple days worth of food can be picked up at once.
The 22 Meal Pick Up Locations Are:
- Hoover Elementary
- Sankofa Elementary
- West Oakland Middle School
- Allendale Elementary
- Bella Vista Elementary
- Cleveland Elementary
- Garfield Elementary
- La Escuelita
- Manzanita SEED/Manzanita Community
- Oakland High School
NOTE: We have ended food distribution at East Oakland Pride, Melrose Leadership, and Emerson Elementary and we are opening up one new food site at the co-located International Community School and Think College Now campus.
- Bret Harte Middle School
- Castlemont High School
- Coliseum College Preparatory Academy
- Elmhurst United Middle School
- Esperanza/Korematsu Elementary
- Fremont High School
- Frick Impact Academy
- Horace Mann Elementary
- International Community School / Think College Now
- Life Academy/United for Success
- Madison Park Upper
- New Highland/Rise Academy
Download a flyer with a map of sites
About Our Menus
All OUSD menus are available to view or download/print. See "This Month's Menus" for current school menus and scroll down for "Next Month's Menus" to see what we'll be serving soon.
Not sure which menu your child's school uses? Click here for a list of OUSD menus by school site.
If you have questions about the menus used at your child's school, please contact Nutrition Services at (510) 434-3334.
Paying for School Meals
Students can pay for meals in the cafeteria with cash or check.
Families can also pay online by signing up for a free account at myschoolbucks.com.
- It’s simple, secure & free
- Receive low balance alerts
- Make meal payments on the go
If you have a smartphone, you can download the MySchoolBucks Mobile App: