How to Apply: Current OUSD Students in Transition Grades
For Current OUSD Students in Transition Grades (PK, 5, 8)
In early November, current OUSD families with students entering grades K, 6 or 9 for the 2020-21 school year will receive information about enrollment:
- Families will receive a letter in the mail with instructions on how to submit the online enrollment application*.
- Families will receive an email/text message from the Student Welcome Center with their online enrollment system username and password and instructions on how to submit the online enrollment application.
- Families will receive a robo call from the Student Welcome Center throughout the enrollment season with reminders about how to apply.
- The student's current school will be given a digital copy of the general application instructions to send home with transition grade PK, 5, 8 students.
PK families will need to upload or attach verification documents with the enrollment application. See details here.
5th and 8th Grade Families will have verified residences already listed in their pre-filled online application. However, if there are changes in address, families must upload or attach the supporting documents.
*Please contact your school if you have not received the letter by late November. You can also contact a Student Welcome Center with any questions about the enrollment process.
How to Apply: Current OUSD Students NOT in Transition Grades
For Current OUSD Students NOT in Transition Grades
- If you want your student to continue at their current OUSD school for 2020-21, please contact the school to let them know.
- If you want to apply for a different school for your student for 2020-21, please follow the directions here to apply online or in person. If you apply online, the system may inform you that you already have an account created; please follow the instructions as prompted in the online enrollment system.
Student Welcome Center is Closed for Thanksgiving Break
Families can submit applications online, but cannot drop off paper applications from Nov 25 - Nov 29.
Student Welcome Center
Student Welcome Center staff is available to help you enroll your student every step of the way!
Lakeview Student Welcome Center
746 Grand Avenue
Oakland, CA 94610
8:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday*
Text / Call : 510-879-4600
*Please see the Enrollment News section for any upcoming dates when the Student Welcome Center will be closed.