Step 1: FIND the right OUSD school for your student
This online tool allows you to search for schools by address, school name or by programs that are important to your family.
It's available in English, Español, عربى. 中文, Tiếng Việt, and ភាសាខ្មែរ (Spanish, Chinese, Arabic, Vietnamese, and Khmer).
Tour OUSD schools and attend open houses
Many of our schools host open house events, school tours and informational nights for prospective families. We encourage you to visit several schools in person and talk with faculty and current families to make the best school choice for your student.
Please contact the school of interest directly for details about school tours and information nights.
Frequently Asked Questions about Enrollment
Do you have questions about the enrollment process?
This document will continue to be updated throughout enrollment season as more questions arise.
Staff at our Student Welcome Center are also available to assist your family with enrollment questions.
Did you apply on-time (by Feb. 8, 2019) for the 2019-20 school year?
- OUSD school offers and waitlist assignments were available starting on March 14, 2019.
- The deadline to accept or decline your student's offer was Tuesday, April 2, 2019.
- Starting April 3, 2019, waitlist assignments for families that did not accept or decline an offer were also cancelled. This is done to clear space for students who are on waitlists and who have indicated in the last three weeks that they are still interested in attending an OUSD school.
- What to do if your student's offer / waitlist placement has been cancelled? Come to the Student Welcome Center to complete a late application.
- Have questions? Please see answers to FAQs and/or contact the Student Welcome Center for assistance.
Did you submit a late application (after Feb. 8, 2019) for the 2019-20 school year?
- The Student Welcome Center will contact you when a school assignment is offered.
Still need to apply for a school for 2019-20?
- Come to the Student Welcome Center to complete a late application.