IMPORTANT: Summer Providers must complete all deliverables by TBD.
Who is subject to the Partnership Process?
- All Current Site-Based Community Partners of OUSD. This means all non-district academic enrichment service providers that are entering schools and/or working in the proximity of students during the current school year and/or summer.
- Includes After-school/Summer Lead Agency Subcontractors entering OUSD schools under lead agencies.
Who is not subject to the Partnership Process?
- External Community Partners that do not enter OUSD schools or work in the proximity of OUSD students.
- Volunteers (individuals) that are not working on behalf of an outside organization should register as volunteers with the Oakland Ed Fund. They are not subject to the Partnership Process.
Prior to entering schools, the OUSD Board of Education requires that site-based community partners have a board approved contract with OUSD, in accordance with the California Education Code. To complete this step, please follow the instructions below.
- Contact OUSD Partnerships at Martin.Young@ousd.org to verify existing board-approved contract (MOU or Professional Services Contract (PSC) submitted to Board of Education).
- Download and complete No-Cost MOU template (In-Kind agreement where no money is exchanged) or Professional Services Contract is created by school(s); prepare required documents. Three-year No-Cost MOU duration preferred.
- Certificate of Insurance
- Insurance Policy Endorsement
- Clearance Letter(s) (TB and Fingerprinting)
Requirements for Certificate of Insurance & Endorsement
General Liability Insurance ($1 Million in coverage)
Contractor (Org w/ employees):
General Liability ($1 Million in coverage)
Worker’s Compensation Liability Insurance ($1 Million in coverage)
Oakland Unified School District must be listed as secondary insured.
Additional Insured must read:
Oakland Unified School District
Attention: Risk Management
1000 Broadway Suite 450
Oakland, CA 94607
Additional Insured Endorsement:
Please submit a copy of the policy change notice after the insurance company processes the Additional Insured endorsement. Alternatively, if your policy carries automatic coverage, your insurance representative should provide a copy of the Additional Insured Endorsement policy language.a. Agency Clearance Letter, if your agency is registered with CA DOJ with your own ORI# to use CA Live Scan and receive subsequent arrest notifications; if your agency is not registered with CA DOJ, see instructions below to register with Be A MentorAgency Clearance Letter: A signed statement on official letterhead verifying that all program personnel entering schools and/or interacting with students are screened for TB and their fingerprints are cleared by CA DOJ and FBI through CA Live Scan with subsequent arrest notifications. Please include names of representatives and ATI numbers. Must be signed by someone authorized to sign documents on behalf of organization. ATI transaction numbers are provided by CA DOJ or Be A Mentor. *please include underlined languageb. Be A Mentor Clearance Letter(s), independent contractors, agency not registered with CA DOJ to receive subsequent arrest notificationsClearance through Be A Mentor is required for independent contractors or if your agency is not receiving subsequent arrest notifications from CA DOJ. Each representative must register at http://beamentor.org/
OUSDPartner or contact Be A Mentor at email@example.com or (510) 795-6488 ext. 0 with questions. There is a one-time registration fee of $25 per person, and clearance information will remain in the system during future years. BAM will provide the Live Scan form and instructions to upload valid TB test results. When each person is cleared, BAM will send a clearance email including the ATI transaction numbers that need to be provided on the Agency Clearance Letter. Service providers should provide a copy of the Clearance Letter to OUSD and keep a copy on file in the event of a claim, lawsuit or audit.
Point of Contact: Martin.Young@ousd.org
Our new community partner database is coming soon! In support of our Full Service Community Schools initiative, we ask all community partners to register in our community partner database and update annually. This data is vital to our ability to manage the outcomes of community school partnerships.
C: Facilities Permit
Facility Request System - OUSD is pleased to announce Facilitron, a new online facility request and rental system designed to provide a positive user experience for all. Through the new system, reservation requests can be submitted easily and will be handled more efficiently. Organizations and community members seeking to rent OUSD facilities will be able to access photos and descriptions of facilities, see real-time availability, get estimated quotes, submit requests at any time, and pay online.
If you need any assistance setting up an account and/or submitting a facility use request, you can contact Facilitron directly at: firstname.lastname@example.org, or by calling them at: 800-272-2962 ext 1.
Finally, all partners must submit nutrition requests through our Nutrition Request Form.
Point of Contact: email@example.com
Additional Summer Resources