Welcome partners! Partnerships with community-based organizations and individuals are key to our Community Schools vision. Thank you for your interest in supporting OUSD schools!
DISTRICT MINIMUM PARTNER REQUIREMENTS
OUSD is connecting with all partners at the district level through our Annual Partnership Process (white paper). We hope to increase communication and alignment with our partners, and uplift the outcomes of community schools. Prior to entering schools, the OUSD Board of Education requires the following items, in accordance with the California Education Code. Once the requirements are completed, eligible partners are added to our Approved Partners List.
Who is subject to the Partnership Process?
- All Current Site-Based Partners of OUSD. This means all outside organizations or individuals entering OUSD schools or interacting with students to provide services during the current school year and/or summer.
- Includes After-school Subcontractors entering OUSD schools under lead agencies.
Who is not subject to the Partnership Process?
- External Partners that do not enter OUSD schools or interact with OUSD students.
- Volunteers (individuals) that are not working on behalf of an outside partner organization should register as volunteers with the Oakland Ed Fund. They are not subject to the Partnership Process.
Beforehand: Partner is Selected
- After school or central office department selects partner to commence programs or services, school or department staff should send email introduction to Martin.Young@ousd.org (Cc: partner contact), including the following information:
- Confirmation of partnership
- Name of partner organization
- Partner contact information
- Partner is added to Pending Approval List. Schools and departments can monitor list for status of partner's deliverables. Partner is cleared to begin steps A & B.
Step A: Verify or Create Contract
- Contact OUSD Partnerships at Martin.Young@ousd.org to verify existing board-approved contract (MOU or Professional Services Contract (PSC) submitted to Board of Education).
- Download and complete No-Cost MOU Template* (In-Kind MOU where no money is exchanged) or Professional Services Contract is created by school(s); prepare required documents. Three-year No-Cost MOU duration preferred. *2019-20 MOU coming soon
Required Documents (see FAQs below for descriptions):
- Certificate of Insurance
- Insurance Policy Endorsement
- Agency Clearance Letter (TB and Fingerprinting)
Step B: Register/Update Partner Database
- Returning users: Please log-in and update. Your username is your email. Password reset is available. Help is available here.
- New users: Once your board-approved contract is verified, new users will receive instructions.
- Email us after you save and verify your org info, program info and schools so that we can update the Pending Approval List. Once your contract is confirmed, you’re done!
For more information, read the FAQs below, or contact Martin.Young@ousd.org.
FAQs for Process Steps
Q1: How do I know if I have a valid board-approved contract?
Visit Legistar. Enter organization's name (case sensitive) in search field and search for prior agreements by "Agreement or Contract" or "All Types". If none exist, you do not have a current formal agreement with OUSD.
Review dates. Determine whether or not agreement covers the current school year. If not, you do not have a current formal agreement with OUSD. If unsure about your status, email Martin.Young@ousd.org, to discuss your contract status.
Afterschool subcontractors of the Afterschool Lead Agency are covered by the Lead Agency contract. Subcontractors can verify their formal agreement by presenting a copy of their contract with the Lead Agency.
Q2: When is the MOU required?
When partner enters OUSD schools or interacts with students during the current school year to provide services, and partner does not have a valid board approved agreement (PSC or MOU) with OUSD.
Q3: What are my options regarding the dates and period of agreement?
Three-year No-Cost MOU duration preferred.
Q4: How do I submit the MOU?
Electronic submissions are preferred. Please sign in blue ink and copy or scan in color where possible.
Q5: What are the requirements for the Certificate of Insurance & Endorsement?
General Liability Insurance ($1 Million in coverage)
Contractor (Org w/ employees):
General Liability ($1 Million in coverage)
Worker’s Compensation Liability Insurance ($1 Million in coverage)
Oakland Unified School District must be listed as secondary insured.
Additional Insured must read:
Oakland Unified School District
Attention: Risk Management
1000 Broadway Suite 440
Oakland, CA 94607
Additional Insured Endorsement:
Please submit a copy of the policy change notice after the insurance company processes the Additional Insured endorsement. Alternatively, if your policy carries automatic coverage, your insurance representative should provide a copy of the Additional Insured Endorsement policy language.
Q6: What is a Clearance Letter?
A signed statement on official letterhead verifying that all program personnel entering schools and/or interacting with students are screened for TB and their fingerprints are cleared by CA DOJ and FBI through CA Live Scan with subsequent arrest notifications. Please include names of representatives and ATI numbers. Must be signed by someone authorized to sign documents on behalf of organization.
*Please include underlined language
Clearance through Be A Mentor (BAM) is required for independent contractors or if your agency is not receiving subsequent arrest notifications from CA DOJ. Please register at http://beamentor.org/OUSDPa
rtner or contact Be A Mentor at email@example.com or (510) 795-6488 ext. 0 with questions. BAM clearance letter is sufficient for independent contractors. Agency clearance letter (above) is required for multiple representatives.
Summary of services provided and expected outcomes. A few paragraphs are sufficient if warranted.
Description of organization and relevant experience (for individual consultants, a résumé will suffice). A few paragraphs are sufficient if warranted.