Common Sense Media provides a toolkit for site administrators and teachers.The toolkit for teachers includes:
- A helpful video primer that explains a principal's and teacher’s role
- Lessons for grades K-12 complete with plans, activities, videos, and assessments
- Classroom posters
- A document for teachers to sign verifying that they have provided this education
Steps to Complete Digital Citizenship requirements per Federal E-Rate requirements:
Other highly recommended resources used to support Digital Citizenship in classrooms throughout the year:
- Step 1: Understanding Why? Watch this video from Common Sense Media for "What is CIPA Compliance?"
- Step 2: Submit teacher verification form to verify they have completed the requirement after teaching the lesson(s).
- Step 3: Site administrators submit the Principal Affidavit certifying that teachers have taught Digital Citizenship lesson(s).
1. For 3-5th grade specifically, teachers can use Digital Passport™: an interactive learning experience which teaches and tests the basics of digital literacy and citizenship through engaging games and wrap-around materials.2. For 6-10th grade specifically, teachers can use use Ignition, a free online resource focused on certifying students with critical skills in Cyber Safety and Cyber Citizenship. Upon completion, students receive a digital certificate. Teachers contact Caitlin O'Connor, 415-935-0581 for help with student account creation, class set-up, and training.