Summer School Opportunities
2020 Summer School & Extended Year EmploymentAlthough there is some uncertainty due to Coronavirus, OUSD is proceding with Summer School planning and hiring.We have already begun posting opportunities for current employees for the following positions:
- Special Ed Extended School Year (ESY),
- Summer Jazz Camp,
Oakland Fine Arts Program,
- Academic Recovery Program,
- Nutrition Services and
Please be aware that all Summer hires and employment are contingent upon OUSD's final plans for Summer Instruction.Watch this space for updates and watch the Jobs Portal for
new opportunities posted daily!Important Notes:
How to Apply for Summer EmploymentOn the OUSD Jobs Portal(Create Internal Candidate Account and Apply)Here are instructions on how to apply as a current OUSD employee.
- All Summer program hires are contingent upon final approval of program funding;
- 2020 Summer employment and compensation for hired candidates are contingent upon program actually convening.
- All Summer school postings are for CURRENT EMPLOYEES ONLY. Be sure to furnish your Employee ID number on your application.
- Go to: https://ousd.tedk12.com/hire/
- If you do not yet have a Candidate Profile on the site (never applied for a job there before):
- Click "internal" upper right corner and follow instructions to set up your Profile; when complete, you will be returned to the Portal to browse positions.
- Enter "Summer" into the search bar to find summer postings
- Browse jobs and apply for any you are interested in.
- Positions will remain visible on the Jobs Portal while there are still openings