Informed. Prepared. Together
From the days in March when OUSD made the difficult decision to move instruction online in the face of COVID-19, our community has been in action. Composed of 105 members in seven working groups, the COVID-19 Action Team made recommendations both about distance learning and how to return to In-person instruction. Their recommendations, based on research and community feedback, are the backbone of OUSD’s proposed plan for reopening.
Each working group had teachers, parents, classified staff, and principals serving alongside district leadership; members were nominated by Network Superintendents, our labor partners, and the district-wide Parent and Student Advisory Committee. Learn more about them here.
• Over 500 community members weighed in on these recommendations during meetings with school
communities and community groups.
• More than 4,500 family members responded to our Family Survey in early June.
• More than 700 community members responded to each of our Thought Exchange questions about reopening.
• 2,500 people joined our Family Report Back on Reopening meeting in July.
• Nearly 6,000 families responded to our Fall Family Survey in November.