Custodial Services’ main objective is to ensure that students, staff, parents/guardians, and all visitors have a clean and safe environment in which to learn, teach, and visit. Custodial Services have established cleaning standards, a scope of work, and a cleaning policy that will guide custodial personnel in keeping their schools clean and sanitary. We will be shifting from our regular Core Cleaning Outline to a Virus Prevention Cleaning Outline that includes the following services:
- Restrooms will be cleaned and restocked with soap, paper towels, and empty trash bins at least three times per day. The sanitation of high-touch surfaces including doors, handles, faucets, sinks, dispensers and partitions will also occur at least three times a day.
- In Classrooms, spray bottles and paper towels will be provided for use during the school day. Custodians will be responsible for sanitizing high-touch surfaces including doors, light switches, handles, countertops, workstations, and faucets daily.
- In Hallways, high touch surfaces such as handles, doors, elevator buttons, and light switches will be wiped down frequently, or as needed.
- In Stairwells, rails and ledges will be wiped down frequently, or as needed.
- In Cafeteria and Multipurpose rooms, drinking fountains should not be used. Custodial staff will wipe down all doors and door handles. Nutrition Services staff will wipe down all tables, faucets, kitchen areas and serving stations after every meal.
- In Office areas, doors and door handles will be wiped down frequently, or as needed; countertops, desks, and workstations will be wiped down each night.
- Gymnasiums and locker rooms: Locker rooms should not be used. Night custodians will be responsible for wiping down all high-touch surfaces, such as tables, doors, light switches, handles, countertops, equipment, faucets, lockers, and bleachers.
- Play Structures and Exterior Doors near play structures will be wiped down frequently or as needed.
Updated on 1/28/21