OUSD is proud to support youth employment. Once the student has found a job s/he should follow these steps:
Step One: Pick up a Work Permit Packet from the school you currently attend or if you attend one of the listed neighbor schools
get your permit application from the neighbor school indicated:
Student Work Permits
Step Two: Complete the Work Permit Application Packet. Print all information legibly and accurately.
- Under the section, “For Minors to Complete,” complete ALL items under the "Minors" section. The employer who will hire you must complete the employer section (all areas). EMPLOYERS' WORKERS’ COMPENSATION COMPANY MUST BE PROVIDED ALONG WITH THE MAXIMUM NUMBER OF HOURS STUDENT WILL WORK EACH DAY.
- Parent or guardian must review and sign work permit application.
- No faxed or emailed copies will be accepted; must be original application
Step Three: Return your completed application to the office associated with your school (see table above).
- You must have at least a 2.0 GPA and 90% attendance to keep your permit. Always do your best in school and at work.
- Allow at least Five Business Days to process from the date you drop off your work permit application.
- Parent or guardian who signed student’s application may pick up their student’s work permit.
- The High School Linked Learning Office will process work permit applications during non-school hours up to 4 p.m.