JOIN OTHERS WHO CHOSE INTERNATIONAL COMMUNITY SCHOOL!
We know that parents of elementary schools in Oakland have many choices, and we thank you for exploring International Community School. Here are 10 reasons why families choose International Community School:
- Joy - Students are happy at ICS. Just walk through our hallways and see for yourself!
- Peace - Students experience how to create peace and how to resolve conflict effectively using restorative practices.
- Community - Students are taught how to build strong communities and how to be community leaders.
- Academic Challenge - Because we are a personalized learning school, students who are on grade level or advanced are challenged to reach even greater academic heights.
- Academic Support - Because we are a personalized learning school, students who are struggling academically get special attention to help them catch up and become advanced.
- Problem-Solving - In addition to academic skills such as reading, writing, and math, the students' experience is based mostly in thinking critically to solve real-world problems.
- Work Habits - Students are taught habits of mind that will last beyond elementary school, like goal setting, growth mindset, and effort.
- Safety - All instances of bullying are resolved immediately!
- Leadership - The ICS Principal and Teaching Staff have many years of classroom experience and supporting children during learning and in life.
- Teachers - ICS carefully selects its teachers through a rigorous process to ensure we hire people who are good role models and strong instructors who continually seek to improve their craft.
- Because we are a public school, there is no tuition for the day program.
- There are some fees for the afterschool program, with scholarships for those who need financial support.