OUSD Employee Benefits
The Benefits Team understands the importance of balancing your professional and personal life. We enroll OUSD employees, retirees, and their eligible dependents in the OUSD Health Benefits program.
OUSD's health benefit program includes the programs below. If you are a new hire or have recently had a qualifying life event, view the links below or our Benefits Orientation Deck:
- Medical (Kaiser, Sutter Health Plus)
- Delta Dental
- VSP (Vision Service Plan)
- Group and Supplemental Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Commuter and Health & Dependent Care Tax Free Spending Accounts
Changes to your Benefits may be made:
- Within 30 days of your hire or change in your position (including gaining or losing hours) - You can complete forms here.
- Within 30 days of a Qualifying Event - This includes marriage, adoption, domestic partnership approved registry from the State of California, or gaining or losing other health coverage. You can complete forms here.
- During Open Enrollment (May 1-31) - Once a year, employees have the chance to change their Benefits Elections to be effective the following year. If you have not had a qualifying event, this is your opportunity to change your benefits. Open Enrollment Benefits forms will be available to all employees on May 1st.
- Effective March 1, 2022, OUSD's new Third Party Benefits Administrator for Retiree and COBRA Participants is The P&A Group.
- They can be contacted through:
- Phone: P &A Customer Service Representatives are available Monday through Friday from 8am to 10pm EST (11AM - 7PM PST) at (800) 688-2611.
- Live chat is available during the same hours on our website, www.padmin.com by clicking the “Online Chat” tab on the top of the page or through the “Contact Us” tab with a billing question.
Contact the Talent Division Benefits Team!
- The Benefits Team holds weekly drop-in hours on Zoom from 3pm-4pm using this link,
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Call us at 510-879-0202.
View your Health Benefits coverage on the Escape Employee Portal: Click here for Escape Employee Portal login instructions.
Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is available to help you now.
As an OUSD employee, you can get a few free therapy sessions through the Employee Assistance Program, offered through Ability Assist - The Hartford Group.