Arts Incentive Grant 2022 Awardees Announced
ABOUT THE OUSD VISUAL AND PERFORMING ARTS OFFICE
The Visual and Performing Arts Department's goal is to advance teaching and learning in the arts as core, sustained, integral components of a comprehensive, robust education ecosystem. Through our VAPA Strategic Arts Blueprint, we seek to engage the collaborative energies and expertise of students, teachers, schools, district leaders and community stakeholders to bridge the gaps, advance equity, and foster cross-disciplinary rigor and excellence in learning through the visual, performing and digital arts. Aiming for outcomes that inspire and deepen understanding, motivate life-long learning and effectively prepare students to enter the colleges and careers of their choice, we offer inquiry-based approaches and integrative frameworks that engage student, school, and district priorities.
Current OUSD Visual and Performing Arts priorities include:
- Developing Arts Curricular Pathways (PreK-12 flow)
- Ensuring Middle School & Secondary School Electives in the arts at beginning through advanced levels
- Convening visual arts, music and dance/drama teachers networks to strengthen teaching practice and arts education community
- Developing College/Career Art Pathways
- Focusing on Equity – ensuring that all students have access to quality arts learning experiences regardless of school financial resources, perceived artistic "talent", or student academic standing.
- Offering integrated professional development that align with strategic district initiatives
VISUAL AND PERFORMING ARTS TEAMFillmore RydeenDirector, Visual and Performing ArtsTeacher on Special AssignmentElementary Music TeacherAdministrative AssistantConsultant, Visual and Performing ArtsConsultant, Visual and Performing Arts
Last Modified on May 13, 2019