Our Vision Statement
OUSD Garden Education's goal is to establish and maintain a garden in every school. School gardens provide urban children access to nature and reflect each child's inherent right to the following:
Through school gardens, students become stewards of the environment and gain a stake in the community and the world. This empowers them to discover the connections among personal health, education and opportunity.For more information, please contact:Kat RomoNutrition and Garden 12 Month TSA/FoodCorps Site SuperviserHealth & Wellness UnitKat.Romo@ousd.org
- Access to healthy, locally-produced food
- Understanding of food systems and the natural cycle
- Social, economic and health justice
- Hands-on alternatives to testing-based instruction
- Self-reliance and character-building opportunities
- Connection to local community
Oakland Community Schools: Where all students graduate college, career, and community ready.
Home | Nurses | Behavioral Health | Health & Wellness | Attendance | SEL | Afterschool | Summer | Partnerships | Family Engagement
Health & Wellness Programs: Developing the social, emotional, and physical health of students.