PE DEPARTMENT POLICIES AND PROCEDURES:
***PLEASE NOTE: P.E. uniforms may be purchased at Montclair Sports located at 1970 Mountain Blvd. (across from Lucky Supermarket), 510-339-9313.
Also, if your student's unifom is missing, there are MANY uniforms sitting in the P.E. Department Lost and Found!!!
Click here for PDF of: Montera Middle School PE Department Policies and Procedures 2015-2016
MONTERA MIDDLE SCHOOL
PHYSICAL EDUCATION DEPARTMENT POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
Dear Parents or Guardians:
The Physical Education Department of Montera Middle School is happy to have your son/daughter in our co-educational program. In order for us to do the best possible job, the following information is provided for you. Please read this document and sign in the space provided. Return this document within the second week of the school year.
Physical Education Staff Boys’ office - 510-482-7185 Mr. Peters, Mr. Ford
Girls’ office - 510-482-7170 Ms. Barron, Ms. Baker
DRESS AND PARTICIPATION
1. Each student is required to dress and participate daily.
2. Students are not allowed to participate if not dressed in P.E. clothing.
3. P.E. clothes must be taken home every Friday and returned on Monday, washed.
UNIFORMS FOR BOYS AND GIRLS
1. Each student will dress and participate in P.E. beginning August 31, 2015.
A. P.E. shorts – Black nylon with Montera insignia.
B. T- shirts –White with Montera insignia.
C. Tennis shoes – Any color, must be laced securely or have Velcro across the top.
D. Socks – White cotton athletic socks.
2. Sweatshirts and sweatpants may be worn with the Teacher’s permission. Do not wear school clothes underneath sweat suit. Black sweatpants, and black or white sweatshirts, only. (They do not have to have the Montera insignia on them).
3. Please have your son/daughter write his/her name on shorts and shirts for identification purposes,
(last name, first name). Use black permanent ink only. The Montera Physical Education Department
encourages all students to wear the official Montera uniform. Shorts and T-shirts may be purchased at
Montclair Sports, 1970 Mountain Blvd, Oakland, CA. (510-339-9313).
4. If there are extenuating circumstances regarding the uniform, contact child’s P.E. teacher.
5. Montera school wide dress policy will be enforced for any violations during P.E. class.
LOCKS AND LOCKERS
1. Each student is assigned a lock and locker. The student is responsible for his/her lock. DO NOT SHARE COMBINATIONS OR LOCKERS!
2. A $6.00 fee will be charged for each lost lock.
3. To prevent theft, students should not give anyone his/her locker combination. Do not bring valuables into the locker room. LOCK ALL POSSESSIONS IN YOUR LOCKER. The P.E. Department is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
4. It is helpful to the P.E. staff if you teach your child how to open a combination lock.
1. Excuses from 1-5 days require a note from a parent or guardian.
2. Excuses from 6-10 days require a note from a doctor.
3. Excuses from 11 days or more require a note from a doctor and the student will be placed on P.E. Rest
by the counselor. (Student will sign out of P.E. until documentation from the doctor clears them to return to P.E.) Students will receive a pass or fail grade.
NOTE – PE REST STUDENTS (1 TO 9 DAYS) MUST DRESS, AND WILL NOT PARTICIPATE. WRITTEN WORK MAY BE ASSIGNED.
1. 2/3 of the grade will be based on dressing, participation, and attendance.
A. Absences not cleared with a pink slip or an administrator’s excuse, will result in a lower grade. This is considered an unexcused absence.
B. Students are allowed to make up 10 points per marking period. (At teacher’s discretion)
2. 1/3 of grade may be based on skills tests, demonstrations, written tests, and/or home work
3. Grading scale:
Every student begins with an “A” grade in scholarship. If they lose points over a six week marking period, grades will be as follows:
SIX WEEK POINT DEDUCTIONS
0 - 19 = A
20 - 29 = B
30 - 39 = C
40 - 49 = D
50 & below = F
1. The Montera policy for being tardy will be enforced.
2. Failure to abide by rules and regulations will result in a lower Citizenship grade.
3. The following misbehaviors may reduce Citizenship grade. If a student has to sit out of daily P.E. activities because of an infraction, they will lose participation points as well.
A. Chewing Gum
B. Being tardy to the gym area and/or roll call areas without a pass.
C. Disrupting class.
D. Disrespecting adults or peers.
E. Using inappropriate language.
F. Bringing any type of food/drink in the gym areas which include the locker rooms.
G. Leaving the gym area without permission.
H. Cutting class or not clearing absences. Scholarship deduction as well.
I. Violating any school rule within The Montera Way handbook.
4. Grading Scale (at teacher’s discretion)
5. Any behavior that is potentially dangerous to oneself or others may result in suspension from class
and an unsatisfactory grade in citizenship.
I/we have read and understand the MONTERA PHYSICAL EDUCATION 2015/2016 POLICIES AND PROCEDURES and have discussed them with my child.
Student_______________________________ Teacher _________________ Grade___ Period___ Roll call#___
Parent/Guardian Signature ________________________________________________________________
Parent/Guardian Print Name ________________________________________________________________