Happenings this Month:
October is the official launch of College Application Season! The CSU application opens on October 1st, and our seniors will be busy working on applications starting this week! Let’s get it, class of 2016!
COLLEGE DAY 2015 is Friday, October 9th!
Get ready for College Do Nows and teacher presentations about their college experience in every class!
Students are encouraged to show their college spirit! Wear a COLLEGE T-SHIRT or PROGRAM T-SHIRT (Upward Bound, BuildOn, PCA, Heads Up, etc.) WITH their UNIFORM PANTS.
There will be a modified schedule for D2 & D3 featuring
A College Day Kick Off Assembly (and a very exciting and important announcement for our school community!)
A College Fun Fair from 12:35 - 1:15 with music and activities.
The end of Term 1 is Thursday, October 15th. Get those grades up, CCPA! Make sure you are passing all your classes! Your future depends on it.
From the Family and College Resource Center (FRC):
- Nutrition Workshops for Parents & Caregivers begin Tuesday October 6th! Workshops will meet Tuesdays and Thursdays in October from 11 - 12:30 in the FRC. Workshops will cover:
- Nutrition, physical activity, & healthy lifestyles,
- How to plan and prepare tasty, low-cost, safe, and nutritious meals and snacks for the family,
- Recipes and food demonstrations,
- Incentives & give-aways at every workshop & a certificate of completion for parents who attend all workshops.
- Come out and support CCPA on Saturday, October 10th! Shop at our own Flea Market on from 8 AM - 2 PM, or get some exercise at a Cardio Dance Class from 10:30 - 11:30 in the Gym. All proceeds benefit CCPA! You can rent a flea market spot for $10. Profits from your sales are yours to keep. To rent a spot, contact Ms. Robles in the FRC or at 510-213-5648
- College Presentations continue this week!
- Monday 10/5: Washington University in St. Louis, a selective private university in Missouri, will be presenting during Advisory - 1:30 - 2 PM. Check here for the list of students that signed up.
- Friday 10/9: Susquehanna University, a small liberal arts college in Pennsylvania, will be presenting at 12 PM. Check here for the list of students that signed up.
- There will also be a Making Waves Foundation scholarship presentation for all seniors applying to 4-year colleges on Wednesday 10/7 during Advisory.
- College Information Day at UC Berkeley is Saturday, October 10th. This is a mandatory event for all PCA students, and highly recommended for any students and families that want to learn more about college. There are workshops and a college fair.
- Save the date for College Options Family Night on Wednesday, October 14th from 5 - 7:30 PM. Guest speakers from Stanford University, Cal State East Bay, UC Berkeley, & Laney College will offer workshops on a variety of topics including: How to Make Yourself Competitive for Highly Selective Colleges Like Stanford, Overview of College Options, and What Happens to your IEP in College?
FREE LEGAL SERVICES for CCPA Families! The East Bay Community Law Center will be at the Health Center on Sept 24th & October 8th to help students and families with questions about housing / tenant rights, public benefits, and immigration, clean slate and juvenile justice and consumer rights. Contact the Health Center or FRC with questions, or call Rosa Bay at 510-548-4040 x 316 to make an appointment.
Questions? Please do not hesitate to contact our Main Office at (510) 639-3201.