Greetings Westlake Families!
This is Mr. Ferrer, Principal of Westlake Middle School with your weekly parent update for the week of December 5th. If you miss any part of this message please visit our website.
I want to thank all of our parents who attended our After-School Program Parent Meeting earlier this week. If you missed the meeting, please contact Ms. Hall.
- We recently completed our 2nd marking period. Progress reports will be delivered to your scholar and mailed home this week. If you need support in understanding the progress report or should you not receive it please contact Ms. Ruffin.
- On Thursday at 5:00 we are having a High School Options Faire. We are inviting all 8th grade Westlake parents & scholars and all others who are interested in learning more about high schools in Oakland Unified. Hear directly from the different high school staff about their schools and different programs available to you.
- Our next Parents of Westlake meeting is on Thursday at 6:15. We will be discussing our upcoming Winter Dance and we need volunteers and donations to make our Winter Dance possible.
- Our next School Site Council meeting is scheduled for December 15th. The agenda for the meeting will be posted on our community board by the main office no later than 3 school days before the meeting. The main agenda items for the next meeting will be about our Single Plan for Student Achievement and our Safety Plan.
- Attention 8th grade parents- our Promotion Ceremony & Activities requirements have been mailed home to you and shared with your scholars. Effective 2nd semester, 8th grade scholars must earn a 2.5 overall GPA or higher, have no D or F in English and Math, have 0 out of school suspensions, and have a 96% attendance rate. We invite you to a parent meeting on December 13th to understand these requirements.
- Thursday 5:00- High School Options Fair and at 6:15- Parents of Westlake meeting
- December 13th- 8th grade Parent Meeting
- December 15th- School Site Council meeting
- December 16th- Short Day schedule
- December 19th - January 2nd Winter Break
That’s all for now- “Stay Fly & SOAR!” Please remember to Take Care of Yourself, Take Care of One Another, and Take Care of Westlake!