Greetings Westlake Families!
This is Mr. Ferrer, Principal of Westlake Middle School with your parent update for the week of October 24th. If you miss any part of this message please visit our website.
I want to thank the parents who attended our Focus Group and School Redesign meetings this week.
- A reminder that every day next week we dismiss at 12:38 to make time for parent conferences. You can drop-in for a parent conference at these times:
- Monday, 10/24 & Wednesday, 10/26 1:30 - 3:15
- Tuesday, 10/25 & Thursday, 10/27 1:30 - 6:30
- Make-up Picture Day is scheduled for Wednesday, October 26th.
- We have reinforced behavior expectations with our scholars this week- specifically cutting class, hallway behavior, profanity, and physical contact. We will be enforcing consequences for behaviors that endanger the safety of our school, so please remind your scholars of these expectations.
- We have hired a new 7th grade Math Teacher and are in the process of recommending an 8th grade Math Teacher for hire, thank you for your patience during this time.
- Westlake is need of food donations, decorations, and prizes for our upcoming Halloween Dance & Carnival. Please drop off any donations to the Main Office.
- Friday is our Halloween Dance and Saturday our Halloween Carnival, we hope to see you there.
- Next week every day Short Day Schedules, dismissal at 12:38 every day for parent conferences
- November 11th- No School, Veteran’s Day Holiday
- November 18th- Short Day Schedule
Don’t forget Short Days every day next week. That’s all for now- “Stay Fly & SOAR!” Please remember to Take Care of Yourself, Take Care of One Another, and Take Care of Westlake!